To assist with raising funds for Timor-Leste, Sacred Heart College are offering personalised Sports Bags available for prchase through our online store, with all proceeds donated directly to Marist College, Timor-Leste.
As pictured, the bags will have the Sacred Heart College Crest printed on the side with the students initial and surname printed on the top opening flap (e.g. S. JAEGER, H. MEBBERSON or B. DAY). No nicknames will be accepted - all bags will be printed with first initial and last name.
- Capacity 60 litres
- Dimensions 51cm W x 34cm H x 35cm D
- 600D polyester with PVC backing
- Removable, adjustable shoulder strap
- Strengthened carry handles
- Generous end pockets –one is wet pocket
- Doubled zippered U-shaped main entry
- Plastic feet on base
Timor-Leste is one of the least developed countries in the world, the poorest in Asia and Australia’s closest neighbour. During the 1999 post referendum violence, 95% of the buildings and infrastructure were destroyed, leaving only 5% of the schools standing. The majority of teachers were Indonesian and returned back to Indonesia in 1999 leaving the nation with a severe shortage of ‘teachers’ that coincided with one of the fastest birth rates in the world. The average family size is seven children, with nearly 50% of the population being under the age of 15 years.
Marist connections with Timor Leste have grown and deepened and negotiations to establish a Marist school have now been successful, and a school is being built in Lautem within the Baucau Diocese. The school hopes to cater for 800 students from across the region when it is completed.
These large, high quality sports bags are available for a limited time only for just $55.00. We encourage you to support our wider Marist family by purchasing one of the limited edition Sacred Heart College Sports Bag.
Personalisation details can be entered at checkout. If you have any additional notes, please use the “Order Notes” space provided at checkout, or feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
All orders must be placed by Friday 8 December 2023 (Term 4, Week 8). The bags will be delivered to the student’s homeroom in Week 1 Term 1, 2024.